Trusted, Versatile Legal Representation All In One Firm
Thomas N. Masland
- Director and Shareholder
Tom is a frequent speaker on conservation easements and estate planning topics to professionals as well as the general public, on a national and statewide basis.
Nationally, he is a former member of the Conservation Defense Advisory Council of the Land Trust Alliance. He has also been active in statewide environmental matters, serving on the Boards of a statewide political advocacy and education organization, and two regional land trusts.
Born in Hanover, New Hampshire on July 17, 1951, he graduated from Princeton University and received his law degree from the University of Maine. Tom lives in Canterbury, New Hampshire with his wife Sylvia Bates, a land conservation professional, and has three children and four grandchildren. Tom and Sylvia enjoy travel, hiking, canoeing, skiing and gourmet cooking.
- University of Maine School of Law, Portland, Maine
- J.D. - 1978
- Princeton University
- A.B. - 1973
- Honors: cum laude
- New Hampshire, 1978
- The Conservation Easement Tool: An Introduction for Landowners
- Conservation Stewardship Transfer Fees
- Update on Land
Classes & Seminars
- Frequent Speaker on Conservation Easements and Estate Planning topics to Professionals as well as the General Public
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, Fellow
- Conservation Defense Advisory Coucil of the Land Trust Alliance, Incoming Member
- New Hampshire Bar Association