John C. Ransmeier
- Director and Shareholder
John's practice focuses on advising individuals and fiduciaries on estate planning and trust and estate administration matters, typically involving related federal and state tax law. He has served as New Hampshire State Chair for the American College of Trust and Estates Counsel ("ACTEC") and has frequently lectured on trust and estate related topics.
John was born in Charlottesville, Virginia on August 20, 1943 and raised in New Hampshire. He was admitted to the New Hampshire Bar in 1968 and is one of the founders of the firm. He is a graduate of St. Paul's School in Concord (1961), Amherst College (1965) and the University of Michigan Law School (1968). While in law school he was Note and Comment Editor of the Michigan Law Review. In 1986, he received a Masters of Laws degree in Taxation from Boston University School of Law.
John has been active in Concord community activities, having served as Chairman of the Board of the Greater Concord Chamber of Commerce, as Campaign Chair and President of the United Way of Merrimack County, and as a member of the Board of Trustees of the Concord Public Library and Concord Public Library Foundation. He has served as a Trustee of the New Hampshire Supreme Court Society and is currently the class agent for his Amherst College Class of 1965.
John lives in Concord with his wife Judy. They have three children, two Amherst graduates and a Yale graduate.
- Boston University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- L.L.M., Master of Law(s) - 1986
- Major: Taxation
- The University of Michigan Law School, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1968
- Amherst College, Amherst, Massachusetts
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1965
- New Hampshire, 1968
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1970
- Chairman of the Board of the Greater Concord Chamber of Commerce
- Campaign Chair and President of the United Way of Merrimack County
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Concord Public Library and Concord Public Library Foundation
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the New Hampshire Supreme Court Society
- New Hampshire State Chair for the American College of Trust and Estates Counsel (“ACTEC”)
- New England Super Lawyers, Estate Planning & Probate, 2008 – 2023
- 2024 Best Lawyers in America® (Trusts and Estates)