- Shareholder and Director
Previously the firm's Managing Director, Paul is a seasoned real estate and land use attorney who concentrates his practice on real estate, land conservation law, and estate planning for clients in both New Hampshire and Vermont.
Paul has more than 25 years of experience representing and advising individual and institutional clients in real estate transactions, land use, and conservation law matters. He also provides estate planning advice and services.
Paul was born in Concord, Massachusetts and grew up in Underhill, Vermont. He graduated from Dartmouth College in 1985. While at Dartmouth, Paul played varsity baseball and was a member of Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity. After a short stint at Boston University's graduate school of English, Paul received his J.D. in 1991 from Vanderbilt University School of Law, where he was an Associate Editor for the Vanderbilt Law Review. He was admitted to practice in New Hampshire in 1991, and in Vermont in 2004.
Paul lives in Hopkinton, New Hampshire with his wife Nancy Skarmeas, his son Gordon and his daughter Fiona, where the family has the task of supervising a number of Labradors and cats. A long-time fly fisherman and fly tier, Paul is active in conservation issues, and is a regular presenter at the Land Trust Alliance's National Rallies and at the "Saving Special Places" conferences of the New Hampshire Center for Land Conservation Assistance. In addition, Paul is a past Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Five Rivers Conservation Trust, a land trust dedicated to preserving open space in Concord and its surroundings. Paul is also a past Chair of the Board of Trustees of the Capital Region Food Program and continues to participate in the program's Holiday Food Basket Program.
Areas Of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Land Conservation
- Real Estate
- New Hampshire, 1991
- U.S. District Court District of New Hampshire
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit
- Vermont, 2004
- Vanderbilt University School of Law, Nashville, Tennessee
- J.D. - 1991
- Dartmouth College
- A.B. - 1985
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Member, Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity
- Major: English Literature
- Waterfront Property Sales and Site Assessment Studies
- Presenter, Land Trust Alliance’s National Rallies and at the "Saving Special Places" conferences of the New Hampshire Center for Land Conservation Assistance
Pro Bono Activities
- Past Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Five Rivers Conservation Trust
- Past Chair of the Board of Trustees of the Capital Region Food Program